In 1897, four caring women from Barrie officially formed the Women’s Auxiliary for the new Barrie General Hospital, later renamed Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre. Since their humble beginnings, the RVH Auxiliary has raised over $15 million for the hospital. In 1900, the Women’s Auxiliary published the Royal Victoria Cookbook, with recipes contributed by ladies in the community, as a fundraiser. In this cookbook, the earliest recipe published anywhere for butter tart filling was attributed to Mrs. Mary MacLeod. This coffee and candle, and the proceeds from sales, honour that delicious recipe and the proud history of the RVH Auxiliary while raising funds for patient care.